I’m not quite sure I should even be writing another blog about wedding planning (you can read my first one here) because I honestly don’t think I have very many tips and tricks to share with you that you wouldn’t find as a bride pouring over wedding site after wedding site. But I’ll share a few favorites here in a moment just because they really were the most helpful things for me throughout the year and a half of planning.
The other thing I want to do is encourage you. If you’re a bride and you’re in that planning stage, enjoy it. It’s stressful and exciting and both at once but it’s so much fun. Enjoy planning your unique day. Don’t let anyone tell you that it has to look or be a certain way, embrace you. Find your quirks and the things you love most and incorporate them into your day. I wore Chacos and had my photographer take about a thousand pictures of my oils (Thanks Nat, you’re a gem) for goodness sakes! You will love your day so much more if it isn’t cookie cutter so don’t give into the pressure to make it that way.
Ready for my tips? I’ll keep it short, sweet and bullet listed…you’re welcome.
- Find a planning system that works for YOU.
- Ask questions
- Ask those who have gone before you what they loved about their day and find ways to embrace the best things and make them your own.
- Ask for help
- I was terrible at this. But really, ask your bridesmaids for help, your mom for help, your fiance for help. That’s what they are there for – not just to look pretty the day-of!
- Don’t do it if you don’t like it
- Seriously. Abandon all rules if you must. This is YOUR day, don’t put it into your timeline if you hate it.
- Let your fiance help make choices
- It’s his day too! Let him (or her) help pick the cake or help you DIY something. They may be really into helping, they may not be but they’ll enjoy the day so much more if there are elements that they chose included too.
- It’s so much more than a day
- Our wedding day really was the best day ever but in the end, it was just ONE day in our marriage. One day of many. Don’t put so much pressure on yourself to plan the perfect day when there are so many more to come.
I hope that tiny list was helpful and I am happy to help answer any questions you might have about wedding planning, just leave a comment or contact us! If you’re planning your big day, I know it’s going to be great! Breathe, you got this!